Flutter app development is gaining popularity day by day as it can help in making almost any kind of mobile app that you want. Read this blog to find out why you should use flutter and how it works.
Flutter is one of the preferred choices for creating cross-platform applications as it allows developers to write a single codebase for platforms like iOS and Android. It is quite a developer-friendly framework due to its characteristics such as quick rendering, native end-user experience, and more user-centered designs. To help you gain more knowledge about the same, Let’s begin with understanding more about flutter app development.
Overview of Flutter
The Flutter Software Development Kit was introduced by Google to combat the challenges of building scalable apps and to offer more strong competition to other frameworks available in the market. The Flutter runs on Dart, a programming language developed by Google, and offers quite amazing features to build apps of all kinds. Some of the great features offered by Flutter are a Single Codebase, Hot Reload, Faster Development, Custom Widgets to create more UI-friendly elements, less dependability on testing, etc.
For more info: Whatsapp us at +91 9887133338
Flutter App Development – What is it?
There are many ways to develop a mobile application but when it comes to less code complexity and a comprehensive architecture to build scalable applications, there is a need for a framework that can help in building apps with ease. Flutter App Development offers many such great possibilities to build Android or iOS applications using a single codebase and platform. Be it creating functionality, and features or designing front-end elements, flutter can power your app in the best ways possible.
Highlights of Flutter App Development
Here are some of the highlighting aspects of using flutter to build your next app:
- Smart Way to Build App: Developing apps on flutter is quite a different experience as compared to building apps in eclipse IDE or earlier tools that android uses. It features those aspects to help you efficiently build the app while ensuring optimum performance.
- Ready-to-Use Widgets: Traditional frameworks like to react use OEM widgets while Flutter is more focused on offering its ready-to-use widgets that have the same look and feel as an iOS or Android app.
- Faster Coding, Less Complexity: Flutter offers a convenient structure to write the code and build apps for iOS and Android. The structure is made in such a way that it offers faster development using rich features.
How Does Google Flutter App Development Framework Work?
Let’s take a deeper look at Flutter’s functional sections based on which the architecture of the framework is built:
- Platform: At the platform level, Flutter makes use of Dart Virtual Machine which is hosted by Flutter Shell. The Flutter shell binds the Dart VM and the Flutter platform together to provide the necessary support for running Flutter applications. It also offers accessibility to native APIs.
- Engine: The Flutter engine is a portable runtime for building high-performance, high-fidelity mobile applications for iOS and Android. The engine is used to power applications written in the Dart programming language. The engine is based on the Skia graphics library and uses the Dart programming language. The Dart code is compiled into native code, which is then executed by the Flutter engine.
- Framework: The framework is the most crucial component for Flutter app developers. It is the part that relates more to interactable aspects while building a flutter app. It consists of Rendering, Widgets, foundations classes, gestures, animations, etc.
- Themes and Widgets: The Flutter comprises ready-to-use widgets and themes that are particularly written in Dart. The flutter uses Stateless and Stateful widgets. Stateless widgets are immutable, meaning that they cannot be changed after they have been initialized. Stateful widgets, on the other hand, can be changed throughout their lifespan.
- Pipeline for rendering: On a very high level, rendering in Flutter consists of four phases: the layout phase, the painting phase, the composition phase, and the rasterizing phase. Let’s look at them:
- The Layout Phase is the initial stage. It aids the Flutter SDK in determining the size of each object and the location on the screen where it will be shown.
- The painting step is the second stage. Every widget in this software development kit comes with a canvas, and it is instructed to utilize the canvas to paint on.
- The Composition Phase is the third stage. Flutter assembles everything into a scene, which is then transmitted to the GPU for processing. It functions similarly to a gaming engine.
- The rasterizing step is the fourth stage. In this stage, a pixel matrix representing the scene is shown on the screen. Flutter is used to update the UI at 60 frames per second. Your Flutter UI is exceptionally smooth thanks to this feature.
The flutter framework’s design ensures an effective, scalable, and extensible way of developing mobile apps. As you have already gained a good insightful understanding of flutter app development, we hope that you will make use of this information to build your application. If you need any assistance to get your app developed, Alphonics can help you with a great team and expertise.
For more info: Whatsapp us at +91 9887133338