With application development on the web becoming so popular, many people have begun wondering what web application architecture is and how it helps in developing web apps. This blog aims to answer these questions by discussing several aspects of web application architecture.
For more info: Whatsapp us at +91 9887133338
Today, many applications or web applications are offering you a great number of features, and what is also very important is getting a really great performance to make your website stand out from the competition. Web applications can contain an incredible amount of features, and they also need great performance, which is why we need to have a good architecture, where we can have our code divided into different layers. Since web applications are the future of the internet, it is a critical need to have a solid architecture to build them in a way to have the best performance possible.
What is Web Application Architecture?
Web application architecture is the process of designing and building web applications. It involves the selection of the right technology stack, the development of a well-designed application architecture, and the implementation of best practices. The goal of web application architecture is to create a system that is scalable, reliable, and easy to maintain. A well-designed architecture will result in an application that is easy to deploy, upgrade, and scale. Under web app architecture, one can decide how different parts of the web applications will be made.
Why Understanding Web Application Architecture is Important?
As the web has become increasingly complex, so has web application architecture. A well-designed architecture is important for several reasons:
- Makes Web App Scalable: it can help ensure that your application is scalable. This is important both for performance reasons and for maintaining a high level of availability for your users.
- Reduces Cost of Development: good architecture can help you reduce the cost of development and maintenance. By using standard components and well-defined interfaces, you can minimize the amount of custom code that needs to be written, and make it easier to reuse existing code.
- Offers Flexibility to Add or Eliminate Features: a well-designed architecture can make your application more resilient to change. By decoupling the different parts of your application, you can make changes to one part without affecting the others. This makes it easier to add new features or fix bugs without breaking your existing code.
Web-based application architecture components
There are three main components to a web application architecture: the client, the server, and the database.
Web browser: The client-side is called a web browser. It serves as a medium that facilitates communication between the users & the application. The functions enable interaction with the web apps.
Web server: The client and the server communicate with each other using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP). The client makes requests to the server, and the server responds with the requested data.
Database server: The database server application holds all the essential information and business logic used for processing. It is the part where all the data is stored and served during client-server communication.
For more info: Call or Whatsapp us at +91 9887133338
Layers of web application architecture
There are typically three layers to a web application architecture: the presentation layer, the business logic layer, and the data access layer.
1) Presentation Layer: The presentation layer is responsible for generating the user interface, often in the form of HTML or other markup languages. It is the layer in which the user interacts with the web application. The presentation layer may also include logic for handling user input and providing feedback. The developers can use front-end frameworks such as CSS, JS, HTML, React, Vue.Js, etc. for developing the presentation layer of web application architecture.
2) Application Layer: It is the server-side layer of web application architecture. The Application layer is another important layer in a web application architecture that is usually responsible for handling the application-specific logic. This includes the code that is responsible for handling the requests and responses, as well as the business logic that is specific to the application. The Application layer is the layer that is closest to the user interface, and as such, it is responsible for handling any user input and output. The developers can use back-end technologies such as Node.js, Java, Python, Laravel, Go, etc. to build server-side systems for web application architecture.
3) Data Access Layer: In web application architecture, the data access layer is the layer of the system that is responsible for interacting with the database. This layer is typically composed of a set of database access objects (DAOs), which provide a means of accessing the data stored in the database. The data access layer is responsible for translating the data from the database into a format that can be used by the rest of the application. It is also responsible for managing the connection to the database, as well as any transactions that need to be performed.
API (Application Programming Interface) in Web Application Architecture
There are three main types of API in web application architecture: SOAP, REST, and XML-RPC.
- SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol): It is a standards-based web services access protocol that uses XML for messaging. SOAP provides a way to access web services in a platform-independent manner.
- REST (Representational State Transfer): It is an architectural style for web services that use simple HTTP commands for messaging. REST is not a standard, but it is becoming increasingly popular for web services.
- XML-RPC (eXtensible Markup Language Remote Procedure Call): It is a simple, standards-based protocol for invoking procedures on remote systems. XML-RPC uses XML for messaging and can be used with a wide variety of programming languages.
- JSON-RPC: It uses JSON for the purpose of transmitting data.
In the competitive world of the web, it is crucial to understand technology to power applications in the best ways possible. The web application architecture gives a clear view of what components need to be taken care of to develop a full-fledged web application that can serve the users without any performance issues. If you are looking to develop a web application, connect with Alphonics to get your project handled by tech experts.
For more info: Whatsapp us at +91 9887133338